To return a printer for repair, simply call or email Westrex International for an RMA number (return material authorization). This number helps us track the printer after receipt into our repair facility. The repair material authorization number can be obtained by calling 1-800-254-1202 or email email@example.com and there is no charge to receive an estimate of the repair.
Simply provide the serial number of the printer (which is found by lifting the ribbon cover and looking to the right) and your contact information: the name of a contact person in your business, email and telephone number. Also add a note that describes the nature of the problem.
We will reply promplty with the RMA number.
Packaging printers correctly can save on a large repair bill!
If the printer is not packaged according to the specifications listed below, damage can occur during shipping. This damage can add over $100 in extra repair cost. Please spend a few extra dollars for shipping in an appropriate sized box.
Also, we provide free repair estimates!
The printer should be packed in a box with appropriate packaging material. Two layers of materials typically used are: bubble wrap and styrofoam "peanuts". This is sufficient if the box is filled correctly. Make sure the box has at least two inches of space on each of the six sides of the printer, Yes six - they are Front, Back, Right Side, Left Side, Top and Bottom.
The best method to printer is:
1) Wrap the printer in a layer of bubble wrap.
2) Add a layer of peanuts to the bottom of the box.
3) Insert the printer then fill the rest of the box with the peanuts.
4) Push down the peanuts on the sides. This will fill the empty space and secure the printer in place. Add more peanuts where necessary.
5) Tape the top and botton securely so the peanuts do not leak out during shipping.
Please review the diagram below for more information.